About Camp

Its been a while, yeah, kind of on purpose.

I am always amazed at how Big Stone Camp for Christ is provided for. The storm that occurred the friday of the second week sent the staff and the remaining campers into the bathroom, and took out trees and power lines, and some buildings throughout Ortonville, but camp didn't lose a single tree.

We were blessed this year to have 133 campers during the 3 weeks of camp, with 32 first time campers.   And at least a couple young boys come to Christ, with many others coming out to pray during Thursday Night Chapel. Praise God.

Numbers are great, and interesting, but they don't tell the whole story.

I watched young men grow up. I watched a brotherhood form. I saw the response of first time counselors and speakers, as they "got camp". Camp is a sacred place to me, I find God there, I get some time of clarity, it is so great to know that others have that same experience.

I remember what this whole life is all about. As I work through the rest of the year, I get so caught up in pleasing people, in doing my little checklist, and worrying about my mistakes. But when I'm at camp, and I have the opportunity for true evangelism, which is speaking to young people about a God that is alive and at work. That is real, and true, and enough for them, I remember what I'm here for. I remember why I started all of this. Lord don't ever let me forget again.

I'll write more in the days and weeks to come. But know that as we said our goodbyes, which are always hard. Its hard to let the staff go, it honestly is. We said a lot more "see you laters" than "goodbyes". And I encouraged everyone, campers and staff, not to leave God behind, not to say goodbye to Him. He goes with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much