Other Way

I see the world a couple of ways. In one way, the world isn't as bad as it's been. God's message has been used to do some terrible things, to justify genocides. To claim that you're wiping out a people group for God, is so much "cleaner" than doing the same for yourself. It somehow justifies it, cleans your own slate. But in the other way, this world has little to offer anymore. It's hard to meld my mind with that of, say, Paul. Did he see things the same way. Obviously there were wrongs in the early church, people falling in love with the creation, rather than the creator. People in love with the "magic" of healing, and the signs and wonders, rather than the truly wonderful. But did Paul see nothing but bloody hands even among God's people. Paul had some reasons to be encouraged. He knew a lot of people that were trying. He had people to write to, people that were worth encouraging. There was some corruption almost anywhere, the letters to the 7 churches in Revelation tells us that. But were even the holy unable to surrender their indiscretion? Were the men as quiet as they are now? Were so many spending their lives on lesser causes? I need more to kill my disbelief. I need some help to doubt my doubts. I need someone who can find the things I'm barely feeling, and give them wings beyond my ceiling. [Inspiration for the day] [Chris Rice, Switchfoot, Anberlin]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much