Hard Things

Last day of school today, at least for the students.

I want to come back this fall having accomplished something. I don't want to be back at the same place in life, I want to make some changes, and I want to do Hard Things this summer.

I will travel with my wife, and spend a lot of time with her doing things like cleaning the house, catching up on visiting people, and preparing for the coming year. I will visit friends I so rarely get to see. I will see family, some of which I haven't seen in many years. I will go to places I have never seen, and don't yet know of. I want to see some places I may never see again. I know I'm young.

But I already see books that I know I'll never have a chance to read. I already see people I know I'll never see again, visit places I'll never see for as long as I live.

I'm alright with that. But it is a realization.

I want to do hard things this summer. To do some things I'd rather not do. I want to have a great start on camp by the end of the summer, a theme and direction. I want to do some self-less things too, things that won't have any benefit for me, but that will heal people, will do good. Would my reward for those things not be on this earth. He promised that if we are rewarded here, that is our reward in full. So would I rather find my reward later, because that reward will be greater. Harder but greater. God Bless everyone, I hope to write again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much