Grace and the Tiredness of life

He knew we'd get tired. I'm not particulary tired, no more than you are. But there is a tiredness to life. For me, in particular, it is driven by my personality. I don't even really enjoy the times when life really does slow down anymore. I want to keep going, keep rolling. But in all of that, I can start to lose track of what I'm really going after, what I'm really looking for. He knew that we'd have struggles. He talked like we'd have struggles. He gave parables, He told stories about how so many people would fall away, and how discouraging that would be. He knew what we would need, and He knew the things, the hopes, the healing, that we would never find on this earth. "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." We live in the old order. And that's O.K., it's the only place that we can live in, it is the only current option that we have. It is a precious time. But there are tears that can't be wiped away here. There are hips that can't be fixed, muscles that will grow tired, eyes that will lose their focus, will go blind. But there is, and will be grace for all of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much