good

Inspired by the writings of C.S. Lewis

What if we met the embodiment of goodness. And we didn't like each other. Goodness would have problems with me. He would ask me questions that I would have no good answers to. He would demand more of me than I would want, or feel I could, give.

And I, I would probably doubt Him. I have grown so accustomed to the vain thoughts of men, of people trying to look good, that I may mistake the very real thing, for something unreal.

If God were man, he would be frustrating. He would come across as arrogant, or like  drama queen. We do not know very well what ultimate good looks like. It is so foreign that we don't know what we're looking for, or looking at. There's a reason people were blinded by angels, and unable to look on God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much