Righting Wrongs

I handed out my first detention of the year today. I hate doing it. I don't relish it. But there are times when it has to be done. I know that sounds very generic and details would probably be interesting, but I can't really talk about it. Just know that it was deserved.

I am not confrontational. If anything, school has been a good thing for me. I know that it is MY JOB to confront bad behavior when I see it. I know that I am being paid to correct mistakes, to keep kids off their cell phones, to stop fights.

It isn't always as clear in everyday life. I wish it was my job to stop all of the wrongs, but some wrongs just aren't mine to correct. They can't be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much