Still they come

In life, some people have been given the ability to tear us down more than others. There are some, that with a word, can reduce me to nothing. I don't think that's exaggerating or wild, I think it's just honest.

Anberlin wrote about it in Dismantle.Repair :
"Hands, like secrets, are the hardest thing to keep from you
Lines and phrases, like knives, your words can cut me through
Dismantle me down (repair)
You dismantle me
You dismantle me"

It is a sad song. The saddest songs are always songs that are true.

I don't know if they can dismantle us because we want something else from them, or if it's because we trust their opinion. I can say personally that the latter isn't necessarily true. I'm not sure what gives them the power. Why we let their voices through all of our defenses. But still the voices come. We should try to have a better understanding of our own breaking down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much