Inspired

Writing based on:
Noises-Mike Mains & The Branches

The idea of noises in our head, voices that we listen to, is powerful, and true. So many conflicting ideas, so many things to chase after. We dig wells, and invest in so many different things over the course of a lifetime. This year, there will be things that I chase after that I've never even looked for before. Likewise, this year I will give up on fruitless wells from years gone by.

I love the line: "I'm so used to lying". I know that's basic, but it is not an innocent line. That is a hard line to write. That line costs you something.

Writing something wrong, and true about yourself, is a way to fight the voices. It is a way to write forever that you were a sinner. It is a way to write forever that you found something more true, that gave you the strength and genius to know that you were once in the dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much