Good

Bad News, it is the first day of school. I thought that maybe I would spend today writing about my summer, in the hope that I'll never have to write about it again, though I'm sure I'll have to.

I did pretty much everything that I wanted to this summer. Camp happened. It was one of the best years of camp that I've ever been a part of. Certainly the best Sr. High week. For reasons that are only known to God, it just went really well. The campers were so responsive, the talks were good, and the activities all worked. I love our staff, and the campers play a huge part in making camp what it is.

After camp, Shantelle and I got away for a few days in St. Cloud, just to get away.

Then a week or so later we made the trip to see Roy, and traveled together to see Five Iron in Mason City, IA. It was really awesome, a concert in an old roller skating rink. Disco Balls, great music, felt great.

We spent some time in Duluth at Jeremy & Karen's with some of the best people on the planet. I also made a trip down to the cities to spend time at Brian, Bob, Profe, and Michael's place. Always great to spend a few responsibility-less days away with friends.

Lastly, and this is the part I'm sure that I'll reflect on more as time goes by, Shantelle and I went to Haiti for a vision trip. It was beautiful, and scary, and wonderful, and desperate. We learned so incredibly much. I was able to see how a mission can be done right.

Now I'm back, in MN, in school. It feels great. It feels right. I feel so in love with my wife. I feel right about where I am, and what I'm doing here. Life. Is. Good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much