fishbowl

I don't remember if I've written about this before, I am fairly sure that I have, possibly even recently. But I feel it today, and so here I am.

I want to spend at least segment of my life doing something other than pastoring. I want to always be connected to ministry of some kind. It is the purpose of our lives. There is good news, and there are many who haven't heard it. We are messengers, I am a messenger.

But for  period of time, I want to be outside of paid ministry. Not so that I can go off and sin. But just for some relief from the fishbowl that I have become accustomed to.

I feel like I can't post a thing on Facebook without critique. That is not necessarily the fault of those doing the critiquing. It is much more likely simply the place that I am. I do my best to hold myself to a high standard, not that I'm perfect. But I feel like I am unable to write about anything even close to controversial.

Taking a stand as a paid ministry worker is dangerous but also incredibly limiting. It is why I blog I guess. But for at least a while, I want to be free, I want to say what I feel should be said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much