the mystery

I enjoy trivial mystery. I like a mystery that isn't do or die, that doesn't change the course of my life. Uncertainty is fun when you can quickly reminisce about it. But the uncertainty & mystery of life, the constant question of what one should do with one's life, is exhausting.

I am down to two options. Those two options will lead to two entirely different lives, with two entirely different groups of people. One will lead to seeing family more than ever, the other will change everything.

Passion and desire come into play. They always do, but as a child, I didn't need to consider the impact of human lives on my dreams. I didn't think about what I would or wouldn't regret on my deathbed.

How anyone is asked to decide what they should do with their lives as the tender age of 18 is not just unkind, it is unreasonable. May we be asked, over and over again, just as the answer does change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much