doubter

I do not suffer from indifference.

I do not struggle with lack of passions.

I am not a doubter of God.

But like Anberlin, I doubt those he chose to carry on His cause.

That is a terrible doubt, that is a terrible, corrosive doubt. I am probably a follower who is too opinionated. I have been jaded and corrupted by getting too close, by being on too many boards, going to too many meetings. I have learned too much. I have seen the darkness of man too closely.

And so I doubt. I'm sorry that this post got too dark, and well, sad.

 I read a really good article the other day, I think Thor posted it, about why Millenials [which I suppose I am included in], don't want to serve as pastors of established churches. It was really good. Really true. Really sad. Sorry about that too.

We want to start anew, which is really small of us really. But there are a lot of churches that you could yell at forever and ever and ever, or lead by good example forever and ever and ever, and they would ever turn. It is a hard place.

Also, sorry, I know that I am coming across as a person that knows the right answer to all of these problems, I don't. If I did I would solve these problems. I also know it is much easier to point out problems than to give out workable solutions. That is hard to do, that requires a higher degree...at least...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much