Always Awesome

Always There's so few instances where we use that word well at all. I will not always be available, or always be ready, or always be on top of my game. I won't always be the best friend, or live in a state of repentance. But we continue to use a word that we don't take very seriously (not that taking the word seriously is an absolute necessity for life). I once heard a message about how we need to take the word "awesome" more seriously, and should only use it when referring to God. Which, while not a bad idea, is also not the end of the world. I tend to believe that whatever word I use to describe the undescribable will fall short. But I guess if someone else believes that "awesome" is good enough, that is their decision. In some kind of conclusion, maybe we should use our words more cautiously, or maybe we should use less of them, or be more descriptive and use more. Or we could just let our yes be yes, and our no be no. Somewhere in all of it we should realize that in our dealings with a God who is enough, as well as infinite... None of our words, or monuments, or songs, or signs, or really, anything that we can do is enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much