Death & Hunting

I feel like I have little to write today. It's been a long, good weekend, and I didn't even get a chance to post on Friday. But life continues to go along, with few new details. I'm excited about hunting this weekend. More for the comradery and stories than for the opportunity to take a life. Not because I am in any way against a deer giving up its life so that I can eat, but because it just isn't all that thrilling to me. I feel pretty strongly that I was put here to have dominion over other creatures. Genesis makes that pretty clear. Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” But death is part of the fall. It is a consequence of our downfall. We are surrounded by death and always will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Just like them