The fault

Back after being sick yesterday. Just finished John Green's "The Fault in Our Stars". A great book, depressing in many ways, because it refuses to shy away from the terminal quality of cancer. It's a look at a few kids who look more honestly at cancer, and the inevitability of our own demise that most adults are ever willing to be. It leaves me feeling like I should examine my life and determine if I'm being unfair to anyone, or if there's anyone that I would treat better, if I found out that they had cancer. Personally, I think I'm doing alright in this aspect of life. But it makes me think. The fault in our stars is a difficult thing to wonder about. Where does the fault for the difficulty in our lives lie? In our own decisions, or does much of it way on decisions and corruptions outside of our control. I think that a case can be made for both. Some lives are completely high-jacked by cancer at an early age, but many people choose to make their lives more and more difficult. The fault lies with mankind, because, once again, mankind is dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much