The Climb #2

I was amazed at the speed of the rest of the camp. The swifter the wind, the more swiftly they moved. Like an anthill scattering to flee, so they went, headed down to the relative safety of the tree line and the town below. I was left there so quickly it left me angry, it left me more alone than I'd ever been. I couldn't leave base camp, not yet. Not with my parents so close. What if they needed help? Whatever help a seventeen year old could provide, I could at least try. Even the experienced crews on the mountain took everything. I was left with my tent, my own pack, and the few rations that I'd manager to tuck away in the fold next to my sleeping bag. With few options, and even fewer hopes, I looked to the summit as the frozen winds overcame me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much