New Series

I actually have quite a few things that I want to write about. It's nice feeling somewhat inspired. I want to start writing a story here, and maybe I'll start that tomorrow. But for today, I want to start what will hopefully be a new series, looking at some scary questions/statements. Should be fun. We read the first chapter of "crazy love", and the first chapter is called "stop praying". I would totally write a chapter in a book by that same name, just thought I'd get that out there. But stop praying. After reading that, I almost wish that I could have let that sit in my mind for a good long while before the author went on to explain what he meant by it. But of course, I can't stop reading, and so my mind immediately shut off that part that wanted to wander, and I focused on what he wanted me to take away. He wants us to do more listening. Stop talking so much and listen. Stop and think. There's so many more interesting ways to take "Stop Praying". I like stop and think, don't get me wrong, and it goes with the message of the book. But it could also lead into a conversation about how we should stop praying selfishly, stop praying for the wrong things, stop praying the same that you always have. Or just take a break from your traditional form of prayer long enough to figure out what you're praying in the first place. I'm not recommending it to everyone, but stopping something for long enough to realize why we do it could be benificial with many of the things we do every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much