Plain Men Sing

It's been a good day. School started a couple of hours late, the sun is shining now, and has been for most of the day. I'm working on camp. Yeah, I know the snow just fell. But if anything, I wish I had most of my outlines written down already. It's a struggle for me to figure out a topic, or a way of presenting the truth clear enough, that I feel it's "worthy" of camp. Because I can think of plenty of messages, but to have one theme that is worth designing a year of camp around takes a lot. Usually it's a song. Or more specifically, a song title. That usually does it for me. Because to even come close to using the same kind of words, the same kind of tone, and to get the illuminating nature of Christ's words, music is as close as I can get. As Reese wrote in "Far, Far Away", Christ "Spoke His words as plain men sing". I always liked that. Music is thought out, more than my mumbling, more than my best put together message. I'm hoping to come across something that strikes me soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much