We both go down together

There is a need to take someone else down with you. Where on earth does that come from? It could be explained away with this want to make a name for yourself. People, feeling the need to commit suicide, take with them 20 little kids. Their name is remembered as more than a man that committed suicide, but now as a man that committed this terrible, thought out act. Klebold and Harris were thought of as martyrs by later school shooters. But I think it's more than that. Because there's stories of people killing one other specific person, or their dog before turning the gun on themselves. Hitler demanded that his military fight to the last man, even though he ended up killing himself. Why do we do these things? And maybe I shouldn't say "we", it obviously isn't the desire of us all. But it also isn't only in death and destruction. Like Jon Foreman writes, it takes 2 to go to war, but only 1 to fall in love. We also go down together in romance, in sorrow, in bitterness. We feel the need to share our everything. If we're going down, then so help me, you're coming too. There is also this need, I feel it anyway, that if I'm going to do well, I want to experience that with others. If I'm going to do something fun, something excellent, I want to do it with others. I want you all to be there. What is with this desire to do nothing on either end of the spectrum alone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much