Five Iron Friday #7

The angels are singing over the plains
the shepherds are quaking, echoing refrains
And all of our slogans designed to take away the pain
meant nothing to the Son of God that night in Bethlehem
-Spartan, by FIF

All of my trying to be good, and my hope for purity and honesty, and coming to God as I am, not as I'd like to be or hope to be someday. Didn't make His sacrifice any easier. It doesn't make it easier still. I hope someday I will get over the idea that my good can ever measure up. I will never impress God, (and should never work to impress others), with the good I do.

I should not do it to earn anything.

I should do it because of His sacrifice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much