We have it in Us

Sometimes we want very different things. You and me. Sometimes you would like some quiet. A little bit of self-reflection, with the slightest hint of input from me. Just enough so you know that I'm listening, and that, at least in part, I agree with you.

And in those times I may want adventure. I may want to be sad. I may want to reminisce. I may want to do anything else.

We all have it in us to run.

Because life has a way of getting too close.

I think thats why people write books. Maybe.

I think it might be why some song writers don't ever reveal what their lyrics mean. They want to be appreciated, and understood to some level. But want to always know something you don't know. We'd all love to die with some secrets.

The question isn't "who has secrets?", the question is, "are we brave enough to let them go?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much