Only Joy

Its my wife's birthday today. The most wonderful person in my life. She gives me hope. Doesn't ever let me go. She is what I need each and every day. I love coming home to her. I love knowing she'll always be there. And she is so pretty. Today is a celebration for me too, and the blessing that she is in my life. Nothing could ever take away from this.

I am however, amazed at the contrasts in life.

One of my closest friends in elementary school, Dale Butler, was killed over the weekend in a airplane that he was piloting. The plane was having some difficulties, hit a power line, and he and his passenger were killed. He was the same age as me. First one from my grade to pass away.

There have been precious few moments in life where the is... nothing but exuberance. Nothing but joy. It almost always comes with at least a few drops of pain, that little bit of agony.

It makes me long for the other side. I look forward to tears being taken from me. No longer needed. Where there can be only joy. I want to celebrate today, but I can't help but remember. I can't help but feel it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much