The battle of Someday

It seems a lot of people aspire to be the very best. Hoping someday they will have the energy, or just "know" how to excel, how to be the best, how to win. But even that initial interest in being the best is intriguing. I've never really had that in me. I don't know if the best is where I belong in anything. First place has never been a home for me. I think I'd be uncomfortable on that lofty perch.

But I do aspire to do a lot. I still feel that calling to more, along with this feeling that some day it will all come together. I will suddenly be ready to be a parent, to have the gusto to be a better friend, to be less selfish in how I live. Someday.

It is a fight against that someday. A fight to be an encourager today. To believe it must start now. That I need to sacrifice even this minute.

Even surrounded by people like that, it is still a struggle. Because we don't see the end, we don't know fully the story that we are stepping into in this life. We are only lead to believe that we must step, and carefully. There is a promise that its worth it. There is a hope that is greater than ourselves. I wish I knew more people that have followed that path to the end. That could tell me its worth it. That have few regrets. I still need heroes. I still need you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much