Five Iron Friday #9

The angels are singing over the plains
the shepherds are quaking, echoing refrains
And all of our slogans designed to take away the pain
meant nothing to the Son of God that night in Bethlehem
-Spartan, Five Iron

Just a warning, this topic may be a touch contraversial.

You can tell we live a Catholic town. It is absolutely impossible to get meat at school on Fridays. It simply does not exist, fish burgers, cheesebread, bagels or nachos with cheese. There is simply no meat option.

I feel like there is a difference with fasting and this kind of giving up for the sake of... well just because everyone else is.

I like to believe that in life there needs to be sacrifices, we are called to them. Commanded to fast, to give, to let go, to pray even when its hard. We are called to do hard things.

But let us not forget that we can't do anything to make His sacrifice any easier. I can't take that pain away. I can't make it any easier or more worth it. My life is, at its greatest, a living out of the joy He's given me. I can only return what He's already done. To, like the moon, reflect the greater sun.

I am the one that nailed Him to that cross. I am the one that holds Him there.

My sacrifices do not make me better, rather, they are a continued crying out for saving that I will always need. I don't feel that everyone has those same intentions. If so, excellent. If not, we are all wasting time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much