the world you want

The world you want. It's my favorite song Switchfoot's new album, simply asking if this is the world we want. The bridge goes on to say that whatever we do is our religion. Every breath. It puts a lot of weight on the everyday. I like that a lot. Because I feel like a common belief is in "someday". Someday I will do more, someday when I have the money to do it, when I have the time, when I have someone to do it with. How we say things matters, but also how we say it. Jon writes that we "have to look like what we believe". We also believe that so long as we aren't doing something terrible, we are therefor good. And while it is good, obviously, to keep from doing wrong. To be content with that is a huge problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much