Hills to Die On

If you're looking for a fight, well, take your pick.

There are plenty of issues in life to fight. Lots of sides to take. But what battles will you spend your life fighting? On what hills will you die?

At least at this moment in my life, there are some battles that I have deemed important, but not something I would rest my life on. There are so many issues that deal with the decisions of others, and I feel that my own opinion is not something worth crushing into them.

Also, as far as spiritual beliefs are concerned. I have mostly decided to amalgamate as best I can. As long as an issue does not affect salvation, it is more important that we can come together than that we agree on every issue (when not affecting salvation).

I mostly feel this way because I live this life absolutely sure that there are a wide variety of topics and issues that I am WRONG about. And though I do not know what they are, it is my belief that just knowing that is a benefit, and it gives me a teachable attitude, which I find more important than being correct.

If someone wants to sin, you shouldn't join, them, or tell them it is alright, or condone it in any way, or make a law that enables it, and it should be spoken at least once that it is not good. But a man must be allowed to sin. A man must be allowed to fail, and burn, and die. God allowed that tree in the garden. The choice must be allowed.

If only to know his need. And so there are many hills, though terrible, and painful, and again, many... I will not die on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much