Hoping for More of the Same

I always try to make it my practice to write about depressing issues when I am happy, and joy when I am sad. Its a constant balance.

I've been thinking about how finite I am, which I will agree, is a fairly silly enterprise. But I think very often about what I want in life, and now matter how big or small a part of this blog I would like that line of thinking to take, I fear it may overwhelm it someday. It is what we wake up for, and strive for, and give and take for.

What I want, from my finite reasoning, is more of the same, or slightly better. A joke must always be extreme. The weather is always warmer or colder than the day before, the neighbor's lawn never looks quite the same as mine. We want a slightly better reality. We re-tell stories of that time a friend did something you just couldn't believe, odd little stories of betrayal and ridicule, and joy, because even those stories through the lense of time bring joy.

And I, (foolish as I am), do my very best to recreate history, fallen foes, and bring back heroes to fight and (hopefully) win again.

It shapes my future. My very best view of Heaven. You know, on a good day. Heaven (as best I can imagine), can not exceed (again, in my mind), my very best memories here on earth. Perhaps it will look as grand as pictures I've seen of far-away beaches and powdered jagged mountains, but what we do there, in my minds, has never exceeded my best memories.

And it is another arrow to me of a hope beyond my own. It shows how finite I am. It says there will be a Heaven grander than anything I know. Because my 3 1/2 lb. of brain cannot get past hoping for more of the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much