Ever Told

"All my dreams are slowly dying. I can count my years in scars. The only One that's never left me, has carried me so very far. I've heard it said that He wastes nothing, so beautiful to behold, the Author of my hope is writing, the greatest story ever told." -From The Greatest Story Ever Told, FIF

Reese always said that after Every New Day, this was his favorite song to sing. Haven't gotten to hear it live yet.

He wastes Nothing.

Thats a pretty profound statement, a bold one. That He would waste nothing at all. I think that there are a lot of things that we can point to in our life, cirumstances that happened, or didn't happen, that shaped us into who we are. Beneficial things, even negative, even terrible things, that were in the end, good for us.

But that He might use everything, that nothing at all would go to waste...

My mediocre days? The forgettable ones. The early forming days in my life that I don't remember. The images from days of war, the ones that you almost need to turn away from. The real blood, the real tears of people who are forever lost to history. That didn't have to grimace at the pain of others, but actually experienced it themselves. That he would not waste that. For whatever His purposes are. I have to trust in that, or this life is just too much to bear. There is pain all around.

Delirious? said it best when they wrote in their song "White Ribbon Day":

"How can it be that God is just?
When flesh is torn from young and old
And children run in bloody fields
Where is the hope?
Oh God we pray for white ribbon day

And can it be that You are just
When flesh was torn for young and old?
And here we stand saved by Your blood
We'll stand with courage
We'll live and die for white ribbon day"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much