Chasing after the wind

"Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
    and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
    nothing was gained under the sun."

I have a hard time pinning down what I want in life. And on my best days, I'm not even sure if that question is worth asking. Because on my best days, I guess I slip a little further away from myself.

I would love to do so many things in life, travel, stay close to family and friends, always be up on all my technology, and dine at wonderful places.

All of those things are good and fine. But, and I don't know if its the martyr in me, I don't know if much of any of it is worth much.

But like I talked about yesterday, maybe the important thing is to simply be willing to leave some of those things behind, or all of it. To be able to go and not look back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much