Birthday Again

My job on my birthday, should I choose to accept it, is to make it a good day for you. Yes.You.

 I'm still at the age where a birthday is a good thing. I still feel like I'm 22, and every year I can gain from 22 is a good thing, as I am certain that no one wants a 22 year old pastor, or counselor (speaking of full-time personal counselors, not camp counselors). But I am getting older, and I like to believe that I am going through more than I ever have, having to be strict and upfront more than I ever have.

I find more joy in making others happy than I ever imagined I would when I was younger. I'm sure that is the nice-sounding utterance of many, but for me, at least in my heart, I know its true.

I want to thank a few people, and acknowledge a few things today, because it is my birthday, and I get to do what I want.

I thank God. Because He is worth following, and is all the adventure and reward I need. He is enough.

I thank my wife. I'm so glad just to know her love.

I am thankful for the best group of friends. There is no argument, my friends are the very best. I am so small without them.

I am grateful for sad stories, like Night, and anything about Anne Frank. They keep me grounded and I am just fascinated at how humanity faces darkness.

I am grateful for people that love anyway. Even when other people are wrong they love them. Even when they don't want to, or they aren't/shouldn't be able to.

I thank my mom. She loves me.

I thank myself. Because I honestly couldn't have this birthday without me. (wow that's ridiculous)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much