Good Sound

For the first time, I'm listening to music while I write this. By the way, today's post is going to be a little sloppy, I don't have a plan for this... just writing.

But anyway, music. I'm always surprised when I ask people what music they like, and they say they don't really listen to music, or they just listen to whatever is on the radio. I've found some good music there, but it certainly isn't a main channel.

I know a lot of good music, you know, because I live in such a major music hub. Just playin. No, I know a lot of good music, lots of good sound. But even better than that is that I do know a fair amount of music worth listening to.

Everybody likes good sound. White stripes, audioslave, System. Good sound. Gets your blood pumping, awesome guitar, snappy drums. But the lyrics don't hold me, not one bit.

I demand from my music a unique perspective. I want lyrics that I see differently every time, like looking at a diamond from a different angle, I want to see facets that I never knew were there. I want to see my world from a step back, a step up, from anyplace but where I am. That is good music. Some of it is primal (not the band), some of it is energetic, some of it is very, very sad. But it is all good because it takes me away from myself, if only to come back and see better than I had before. It is important to me that I always know that I have grown and progressed from where I was a year ago. Yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much