Phone

Goodbye old friend. I am not Mr. Sentimental, not anymore. But I finally got rid of my old phone. I had it for four years, the last couple it didn't function very well. I dropped it in the water, put it back in my pocket and kept fishing. So, probably my fault on that one. In the end, its pretty inconsequential, its just a phone. I made some of the best phone calls on that phone, and some of the worst. I was grateful to have it on many a trip. I don't think I'd drive across the country without a phone, makes me wonder about the kind of faith required to venture across the globe before cell phones. Before 911. Before you could get somewhere in a day. We are probably all hindered by it, I mean, the small amount of help that technology has had for the Christian faith is entirely blotted out by the harm its done to our wanting. We want for nothing anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much