Sad Stories

I used to hate sad stories. I used to get upset, because unlike in life, where so much is out of our individual control, in a book, the author gets to dictate how things will go. It is all up to the author, and in my opinion, he should end all stories well. There should always be a lesson learned, there should always be some good twist despite all the dangers and trials. But literature should reflect life. And now I'm more interested than ever in a book where the lead character doesn't walk away learning anything. Where they might fail in the end, or come up just short of what they intended to accomplish. I want for this specifically because it is not glamorous, because it is honest. And maybe it would push me to do something more with my own life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much