The Fear of Falling

I was always the kid to stand the longest on the diving board. I never had the urge to jump a fence. It isn't that I never got hurt, or that I never looked before leaping. I just never longed for it. I was never all that willing to do it. I often went with the tried and true, still do. If I had been shown that something was safe, then maybe I'd try it. But I wasn't going to be the one to find out. My wife was the one to ask what we were when we started dating. It takes planets colliding to remind me how to have a relationship with my dad, to even remind me to do it. So much is foreign to me. I fear falling, always have. But if you ask me, I promise to be up for anything. I will follow, and one day I need to learn to do a better job of leading. Everyone wants a leader, everyone wants someone to fall first. A good leader needs to lack the fear of falling, but embrace it, fall openly, get hurt often, and to keep moving, as it is a part of the job. He fell didn't He? He hurt too didn't he? Right onto a couple boards, they nailed him in that position, and held Him that way until death couldn't hold Him any more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much