He is mourning too

I don't like funerals for 26 year olds. I don't like watching cars pull over to the side of the road as they go by in a hearse. I don't like any vehicle where there are a couple passengers, but only one of them is breathing.

I don't like seeing a family that I've known, now in pain. A room full of people whose world, for at least a few moments, has stopped in their tracks.

Some would see it as justification for their dislike of God. Others would justify the pain, like the preacher who made sense of a the deaths of a busload of schoolchildren by saying: "Heaven must have needed more angels".

No. No.

We needn't make sense of the pain. We needn't try to make it work, try to make it ok. It is not ok. Pain is wrong. This world is wrong.

God has allowed this to happen. Notice I didn't say it was supposed to happen. Big difference there. Pain and death exist. Lets not sugar coat it for an instant. Life is absolutely full of pain, the holocaust was real. People were taken and killed. Life was taken at the flick of the wrist, because they were not seen to be fit. The nod of a hat, the tap of a cane sent millions of people to their deaths.

This was one boy, and a girl who just liked to fly.

I will mourn their loss. But I will not blame it on a God that I saw give peace to a family who desperately needed it. He is mourning too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much