Meeting Him

We'd all love to meet a hero right? Maybe we'd be somebody if we had an afternoon with George Washington. Maybe I'd be a revolutionary too if Che Guevara had an opportunity to win me over. But I'm not ready to meet Him. I'm not worried that He'd grab me by my collar and throw me against the wall. I'm not afraid that He'd shake his head and walk away. I don't think He'd critique and criticize my every move for the last 26 years. I think He'd love me. Thats Terrifying. I would cry instantly. I would fall apart. I would want to hide. I would be so undeserving. He wouldn't ask me what I've been wasting my life doing, I would ask that of myself. It isn't his anger I'm afraid of. Its His love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much