We are all on drugs [Weezer Attacks]

Oh my the terror. Imagine a world where everyone's on drugs. Original right? Oh wait, Weezer already thought of that in their song "We are all on drugs". Now, its not completely original. But their music video explores a world where everyone, the bus driver, a mother and daughter, city workers, a barber, and finally, a firefighter [who is reporting to a fire, but spraying water on the wrong house] is all on drugs. What a terrifying concept. Because most of the people that I've known took drugs because they didn't think it would affect anyone else. But if everyone went into a dilapidated state... ... Sometimes I get this same feeling in churches. As if we're all just pacified. Like there is a desire for something more, and every Bible study explores the first few steps to getting there. But we fall short of the whole "leave everything behind and follow me". We never quite get to the instruction to let the dead bury their own dead. I will live and die in this life, probably never getting further. I worry about that. I feel like I was supposed to live for something more yet. To give on a level I don't yet know. We cannot waste all this time in this dilapidated, sedated, hallucinagenic state. And now, like a man who has just got himself sick on a buffet, and promises never to eat food again, I will return to the second or third step of this Christian walk. Lord God please get me beyond myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If only a god could speak into our world...

Something Held On To

Maybe a little too much